Friday, August 04, 2006

Quick Book Review


Hardcore History - The Extremely Unauthroized Story of ECW by Scott E. Williams

I'm not good at reviewing things, it's hard to organize my thoughts so bear with me.

Loved the book, it covers a lot of things casual fans don't know such as how ECW evolved from Joel Goodhearts Tri-State Wrestling Alliance, Todd Gordons controversial departure, where all the money was going (and came from) etc...

It covers the atmosphere at Shane Douglas' Hardcore Homecoming show (which I thought sucked other then the main event, I'll have to go watch it again)

I particualrly enjoyed the chapter on the infamous Mass Transit incident as some new details came to light I wasn't aware of. I've only ever seen the match online, I recently got ahold of a tape of it that is sitting in my huge pile of "stuff to watch." Going to sit down an examine it, for lack of a better word.

Anyway, the book goes into great detail of people, places things and incidents. Does a great jon of praising Paul Heyman for his creative abilities and burying him for his business sense. I give it 4.5 out of 5. Go buy it.

Next up:

No comments: