Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Office’s Jenna Fisher wanted to be on Dancing with the Stars, but producers said no

The list of celebrities who want to be on Dancing with the Stars continues to grow. Jenna Fisher says in an interview with TV Guide that her people approached the show, but producers said no.
Fisher plays receptionist Pam on NBC’s The Office, which is unquestionably the best comedy on television right now. She says, “I tried to get on Dancing with the Stars, and they wouldn’t take me. True story! I shot the first season of The Office, and I thought, ‘The show’s going to get canceled, and I have to milk every opportunity I can.’”


Since the ABC series started airing in the summer of 2005, and The Office debuted in March, she may have been applying for the show’s first season, or perhaps for the show’s second season, as it was renewed in July of 2005.

Regardless, they said no. Fisher says, “My manager called, my agent called, but they didn’t bite.”

No comments: