Monday, February 19, 2007

BBB's Notebook: ECW December to Dismember 2006

I purchased the DVD because I'm a sucker and I thought I'd give it another chance and to my surpise, it wasn't so bad the second go 'round.

The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy) defeated MNM (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro) (22:33) - This was match #1 of a 2 match show. It clocked in a little long but it had some nice peaks and valleys of action. I may have shaved a few minutes off if it was up to me but it was a solid opener.

Balls Mahoney pinned Matt Striker (7:12) - It was a little sloppy but it did a good job of the 'clean cut teacher vs. the malcontent' angle. Balls wins with a spinebuster.

Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay defeated The FBI (Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke) (6:41) - Terkay sucks and it's no shame he was released.

Khasrow Daivari pinned Tommy Dreamer (7:22) - The match was a throwaway, but it was saved by the big chokeslam by Khali. I wonder how he would have worked out if he had stayed in ECW.

Mixed Tag Team Match: Kevin Thorn and Ariel defeated Mike Knox and Kelly Kelly (7:43) - I loved the Knox walk away angle and Ariel did a good job of acting like a psycho and screaming. She really got the crowd into it.

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match (Elimination Chamber Match): Bobby Lashley defeated Rob Van Dam, CM Punk, Test, Hardcore Holly, Test, and The Big Show (24:42) - There was some pretty good stuff in here amongst all the shit. I would have liked to have seen Punk and RVD go a little longer. It would have been logical to me to have them feud afterwards, but hey... What the hell do I know.

It was still a weak show, but not as bad as I thought after the first viewing.

No comments: