Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Filter

I read this today and it brought me much joy:

Filter is close to finishing a new album, Anthems for the Damned, and will be releasing the album sometime between April and May.

Richard Patrick, frontman of Filter, told mtv.com in November of 2007, "I'm not straying from that classic Filter sound, but, because I'm a little older and a little wiser, [the sound has] definitely evolved. The first two or three songs are just straight-up industrial powerhouses, and then it goes into the huge-sounding stuff that people are kind of familiar with."

A source close to the band has said that the new album will feature a line-up of contributors and that Patrick is currently getting members together for the live shows.

I thought they were done and I'm excited to hear the new stuff. Check out their last 2 (especially Title of Record) they are very underrated.

No comments: