Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two houseguests hospitalized due to “slop” diet; Amanda had a seizure after producers ignored her

Big Brother 9’s punishment food sent two houseguests, Amanda and Allison, to the hospital on Friday.

Amanda Hansen passed out and then had a seizure on the live feeds after saying, “I need sugar really bad, and they won’t let me in the DR,” The “DR” is the diary room, where contestants interact with producers, and “they” equals the producers. She then said it was “because I’m hypocglycemic. I need bread or fruit or something. I need sugar really bad, and I went in the DR and told them. … They better give me some. I think I’m going to go again.” In other words, producers apparently refused to help her until after she collapsed and had a seizure, when houseguest Josh pushed the emergency button that the houseguests later said summons police and paramedics.

Allison also had a reaction to her forced diet. “At the same time, off camera, housemate Allison Nichols, was suffering a severe allergic reaction to something she ate - causing her lips to swell,” the New York Daily News reports. “The two were treated on the scene by paramedics and then rushed to a Los Angeles hospital.”

In a statement, CBS said, “They both chose to return to the game after receiving medical clearance. Their medical conditions and course of treatment will continue to be monitored.”
Slop is the
“nutritionally fortified porridge mix” that the sadistic producers force challenge-losing houseguests to eat for a week, despite the fact that it does nothing to enhance their television show.

What a fuckin' debacle this is turning out to be, fun to watch though I guess... Here is the video:

No comments: